In general, it would be ideal if there were zero voltage drop. This just won't be the case in the real world. The VFO-B voltage indication is reliable in terms of the voltage in receive vs. the voltage in transmit. I think it reasonable to accept < 0.5 volt drop or less between RX and TX at 100 watts output. Do consider the regulation of the supply. Measure that with a good DVM at the supply terminals. And here, it is reasonable to expect less than 0.1 volt change between RX and TX at 100 watts. Many of the better supplies will be in the < 0.01 volt range under this condition.

If one finds more voltage drop than expected, then further investigation is suggested. Are the terminals properly crimped and soldered on both ends? Are the terminals tight fitting? Is the wire gauge correct for the current demand and length? Are there other devices between the supply and radio that will contribute to voltage drop? These are a few questions to be answered.

Better regulation and maintaining a voltage at the radio between 13.5 and 14.5 will make for a cleaner transmitter in respect to transmitted IMD. And that topic was "beat to death" in a previous discussion. If the supply is not well regulated, be sure the voltage at the radio will never exceed 15.0 volts.

73
Bob, K4TAX