Wow, so much for a non-kool aid question...You comments give up my friend!
I have a K3, KX3 and TS-590. It's well documented that the nr in the K3 is poor
and leave a lot to be desired. Also, in an effort to fix it by making it more
adjustable, Elecraft overcomplicated its implementation. I love Elecraft
products, but also love the simplicity and effectiveness of nr implementation
in the TS-590 (in my opinion even better than the one in KX3). Regarding
warranty and service, I totally agree Elecraft is hand down #1 in this area.
However, Kenwood just fixed the ALC issue in my TS-590 free of charge after 4
years. The question is, can I send my 3 yrs old (early production) KX3 to
Elecraft to get all the latest corrections/improvements (e.g. tuning noise)
free of charge. After all, I paid about the same amount of money that someone
is paying today for a better product. ;) I'm a big fan of Elecraft, but resist
drinking the Kool aid in order to encourage competition.
Robert-KP4Y

     On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:00 PM, "ae...@carolinaheli.com"