Hello all:

I received a microKeyer for Christmas and am just now getting around to
working with it. I reviewed the questions that were submitted to this
reflector back in October, and I have a few questions.

The microKeyer instructions for the K2 cable set involves what appears to be
a cable to J5 to the rear panel for constant level stereo audio. Is this
really necessary ?

It states that only MH1, MD2, and Proset-K2 microphones will work with this
unit. I have the SSB mic settings set for the Kenwood microphones and have
used a Proset headset with the Kenwood adapter with the K2 without problems.
Why would this not work via the microKeyer ? Are there settings that would
make this more flexible ?

I have the K2/100 and the KAT100. The serial communications cable is a jump
cable from the K2 to the KAT to the computer. How can I maintain KAT
functionality and use the microKeyer ? A DB-9 Y-cable at the K2 ? A gender
changer at the computer end of the cable, then to the microKeyer ?
Obviously, the idea is to use only the USB interface of the microKeyer.

Thanks in advance.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL