> It would seem that I would
> have to rig up something to parallel off of J5 and make a new1/8"
> connector to have stereo output. I wonder why I couldn't just use
> the headphones connector ? Did you make a new connector in this way ?

If you use the headphone connector you disconnect the K2's speaker. You will
still get audio through your computer but then you'll have to turn the
computer on to use the radio at times when you're not using the microKEYER.
Also the audio you get out of the computer may suck. My little laptop
speaker sounds pretty horrible, though I can plug a headset into the laptop
and it's not bad.

I don't remember what the instructions for the microKEYER said, but that's
how I did it. I ran the wire out an unused hole in the case and it
terminates in a stereo plug. I don't remember if they included that
wire/plug with the K2 cable or if I just dug a connector out of the parts
drawer.

This solution has the potential problem that you may not have an unused hole
on the back of your K2. I used one of the XVTR holes, which I'll probably
never use. (Though I haven't ruled it out yet.)

Craig