It does appear that there is significant drift in the BFO.  I'm going to make
more exact measurements.  It seems to me that I read an old post from Wayne
or Eric (when they announced the BFO mod) that said they would be
experimenting with N750 caps in the BFO, but never saw anything about the
results.  Perhaps I will go that route and try to stabilize the BFO first.
Maybe between that and careful selection of RA on the thermistor board (to
stabilize the PLL) I can achieve some improvement.  Just a note...the rig
doesn't drift excessively and is probably within spec, but there is room for
improvement

-----
Paul, N2PD