>> Had first 2 QSOs this morning (Indiana and

>> Oregon) on 20 CW with an indoor dipole.

Must be nice. I never was able to contact anyone on my indoor dipole. Oh
well. I should be on the air this weekend though, hopefully for the Elecraft
net on Sunday. I bought an SGC Smartuner and plan on putting up a horizontal
loop on my roof this weekend. I spent last weekend making cables and routing
the feedline through the wall of my den and into a waterproof box outside
where the lightning arrestor is located. Now, I just need to run it outside
and up to the roof and run the antenna wire. I figure it's my best option
with deed restrictions and all. I think it'll be quite stealthy and work
better than the vertical dipole I originally planned. It'll be 2 WL long on
40 meters so I hope it's not too much of a cloud warmer on 20 and 40 meters.
It might even work half way decent on 80 meters.

Kevin

N8IQ