On Fri,12/4/2015 9:55 AM, Ken wrote:
I've gone over the Elecraft documentation and Fred Cady's booklet on the P3 and I do not see any sensitivity adjustment for the display. There is the level calibrate but if I move that to extremes, it throws off the K3 and P3 showing the same signal strength.

Lots of settings, all done by selecting the setting with short push or long push of the right-hand buttons and setting values with the knob. For day-to-day operation, I have the display scaling set for 24 dB full screen and set the bottom of the display so that there's a small bit of "grass" visible. It is also a VERY good idea to set display averaging to a pretty long value (top button). I use the maximum setting. What this does is cause random noise to average to zero (because it's random) and add the signals (because they are the same on every sweep).

For contests or DX pileups, when there are many strong signals, I adjust the display scaling as high as 42 dB (but never higher).

73, Jim K9YC