I am considering replacing my TS-850Sat with a K2/100 in the near future. There
is nothing wrong with my 850, in fact I am very happy with it in general and
really love the receiver performance. The area that I live in has a number of,
AM, FM and TV stations within 3-10 miles and the rig exhibits very few images
throughout the HF bands. BTW, my antenna is a huge loop tuned with a SGC SG-237
Smartuner. The main modes that I operate are PSK and SSB.

My main reason for considering replacing the 850 is that it is becoming fairly
old and I am worried that if any major boards fail that I will be unable to get
it fixed in a few years. Plus the rig is loaded with almost every option
available and I should get a good price for it on ebay. Another reason is that
one day I would like to get into 6MT meteor scatter and I really like the way
that Elecraft transverters integrate with the K2. BTW, is it easy to control an
external VHF amp and a mast mounted switched preamp with a K2?

So my primary question is how good of a receiver does the K2 have vs. the 850
and how well will it handle an environment with high RF levels? Also, how
suitable of a rig is it for data modes (RTTY, PSK etc)?

73
Zack
N8FNR