Zack,

FB on your plans.  Yes, the Elecraft transceivers integrate quite nicely
into the K2.  It can control your mast mounted preamp too, but with one big
'IF' - if the bypass/protection relay at the preamp is fast enough.  The K2
asserts the keying output about 15 ms prior to the onset of RF, so if your
preamp can be 'RF ready' within that time it should work fine.

The K2 does quite well with computer soundcard generated digital modes.  In
fact, there is a separate set of variable bandpass IF filters available for
use (RTTY Mode) and you can set the filter passband and passband placement
independently of the filters for CW and SSB.  If you are using a hardware
TNC and must decode the RTTY high tones, you may run out of BFO range on one
sideband if the filter passband is set too narrow.  There are several
work-arounds possible for this limitation, including modifying the standard
BFO range if needed.

The K2 is adequately stable for RTTY and PSK31 - should you find otherwise,
you likely have a problem to be de-bugged.  The K2 stability spec is for
less than 100 Hz drift (typical) from a cold start at 25 degrees C - you
must be the judge of whether or not that is adequate stability for your
applications, all I can say is that it is much more stable than that after a
short warmup in a normal ambient environment, I have not found a need to
measure it myself.

73,
Don W3FPR