What am I missing?

I use 600-ohm stereo headphones plugged directly into the front panel jack of
my K3S.

I run the Audio Gain control at 9 o’clock — roughly a 25% rotation toward full
volume.

I have more than enough audio for my elderly ears, and when I pull the
headphone plug out of the jack, my speaker audio is at a comparable level.

What is the non-problem with high-impedance phones that you guys are trying to
solve?

Bud, W2RU