Perhaps this will help:

Look up the specs on a good home audio amplifier — say, QSC or Crown.  You’ll
find something called “damping factor”, and it’s often 50 or more.  Roughly
speaking, it’s the ratio of the (loudspeaker) load impedance to the internal
(source) impedance of the audio amplifier.  So modern semi-pro and stereophile
audio amplifiers are “grossly out of specs”, as you put it.

I have a legacy, hernia-inducing McIntosh power amplifier, circa-1960s, with
output transformers and three taps — for 4-, 8-, and 16-ohm loudspeaker loads.
Nothing I’ve owned since then uses output transformers or matched loads.  Most
audio amplifier designs these days are voltage followers.  Most manufacturers
don’t attempt to match source impedance to load impedance.  Highly damped
output stages are “good” things to have.

Yes, it’s true that voltage-follower amplifiers deliver more power to
low-impedance loads than to high-impedance loads.  But if I were to follow your
line of reasoning to its logical conclusion in the home audio arena, I would
conclude that 4-ohm speaker systems are sonically superior to 16-ohm speaker
systems simply because they require more output power from the audio amplifier
to play my music collection.

Does that seem like a reasonable way to choose your stereo system loudspeakers?
 Or headphones for your K3?

If your 100-ohm (or higher) headphones can’t provide reasonable levels of
undistorted sound pressure at your ears when your K3 or K3S audio gain control
is at, say, 9 or 10 o’clock, perhaps it’s time to buy a new pair of “cans”.
That’s certainly gotta be cheaper than reverting to a 75A-4 with its audio
output transformer and 500-ohm tap.

Bud, W2RU