He said that he has a protector on the Beverage.  The RG5000HD is for
receive antennas only so it will not work when he listens using his TX
antenna on 10m-30m.

John KK9A

Ian ik7565 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 19 18:05:07 EST 2016

Consider one of these: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-rg5000hd

73, Ian N8IK

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
k8kzb at charter.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 08:17
To: 'Elecraft Reflector' <elecraft at mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Nearby Ham Interference

My neighbor is a ham, right now I set up a webpage for us to coordinate what
band we are on so that we are not on the same band at the same time. I
originally set this up for field day but it also works good for us.

We are both CW ops and have not ran into issues yet but, there is always a
but, we both want to make sure we do our best to protect our equipment which
we both have K3's.

I have a beverage that i use for 40 through 160 and i have a front end
protector on my rx input but what about 10 theough 30? I have a beam and
rotatable dipole for those bands so how do i protect my receiver better on
those bands?

Our tx antennas are roughly 300 feet apart, he has a vertical right now and
i have both a vertical and a beam to switch between. He plans on a beam this
summer and it will be the same distance apart.

Thoughts...

73,

Jeff K8KZB