On 02/10/2016 03:57 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
Yes, this hit me between the eyes as well. The K3 has Pin One Problems
at many (most?) connectors, so RF current flowing on shields of cables
plugged into those connectors will couple into the K3. I've been
preaching to Wayne about Pin One Problems since 2004, when we met in
Dayton.

If the problem is around 90 MHz, I'd use multiple one-turn and two turn
chokes with #43 material on every cable except the SO239 output, which
IS actually bonded to the chassis. Also choke the power cable.

But it sounds like he was still getting the problem with no cables connected to the K3:

On 02/10/2016 06:58 AM, Jon Zaimes wrote:
> Even when ALL cables are removed (only the power lead connected).
> Grounding or ungrounding made no change. I tried the radios on a
> battery but still had the RFI. Tried some ferrites on the power
> lead but no change.

I suppose it could be a "pin 1" problem on the power leads. It's kind of hard to avoid that with an Anderson PowerPole connector. Probably additional low-pass filtering on the DC input would help.

Alan N1AL