John wrote:

>I have had my K1 #1734 in use occaisionally since I built it.
>The other day I noticed quite abit of drift,even after warm up,
>like 1-2 khz. over an hour or so.

That sounds unusually high unless the ambient temperature around the K1 was
changing significantly or the DC voltage was swinging very low.  I'd want to
check how stable the output voltage the 6v regulator RF-U6 was.

I often turn on my K1 and set it for 60.0 in the LCD display.  It doesn't
matter which band, because the frequency display system senses and counts the
LC VFO only, and senses neither of the two crystal oscillators that combine
with the LC VFO to set the frequency of operation.

I usually find several hours later that the display shows about 200 Hz lower,
or 59.8.

After the initial warm up, I can reset the K1 display back to 60.0 and find it
still indicating 60.0 twenty hours later.  I think that's very good for an LC
VFO, so I have no complaints about K1 stability.

73,
Mike / KK5F
K1 #175