>My K1 is very sensitive to placement.  If I pick it up or turn it upside
>down, I can hear it shift up or down in frequency.

Anything that squeezes or otherwise distorts the K1 bottom cover plate (such as
when the case is grabbed during repositioning) will cause a small frequency
shift (I see well below 100 Hz), due to the change of metal bottom cover plate
position near the LC VFO circuitry on the RF PCB.  The frequency returns to
original when the pressure is released on the bottom cover.

73,
Mike / KK5F