There are two parts to this: the correct sideband, and the correct frequency. On the K3/K3S, CW is on lower sideband, and CW-REV is on upper sideband. On bands where you use LSB for SSB, switching to CW will still be on the correct sideband, but on bands where you use USB for SSB, you will need to use CW-REV to get the sideband to match.

The other part is the frequency offset. You can tell the K3/K3S to do the frequency offset automatically when changing modes by using the CONFIG:CW WGHT menu item and tapping the 5 (AGC) button until the lower (VFO B) display reads VFO OFS.

73,
Rich VE3KI

W3DK wrote:

When I'm in SSB mode and I tune down to the CW frequencies, I can easily
tune in a CW signal. Then, I switch to CW mode, and the CW signal is gone
because I'm on the wrong sideband. Even if I'm on the right sideband, the CW
signal disappears.  Shouldn't I be able to switch from SSB to CW and not
lose a CW signal?  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks, Bob - W3DK