G'day all,

Time to put this saga to bed.

Further investigation revealed that my Toshiba Netbook with a slightly earlier version of Logger32 (3.50.231) ran software CW (DTR keying) over the KIO3B USB port without issue. The main PC was running version 5.50.252. I transplanted the Tosh version on the main PC and indeed that too ran perfectly OK. So what had changed between versions?

Eventually it was suggested that I should check in the CW machine config to see if "disable radio polling when keying" was checked. It wasn't so I did and that resolved the problem.

Curiously in the Tosh version 3.50.231 it wasn't checked but that ran OK on both the Tosh and the Dell so there is still something in play, however, the ripples in space time have been smoothed and I am back with a fully functional one cable solution for CAT/PTT/CW/Audio.

Many thanks to all who took an interest in this problem and all those who were fearful can rest easy. That is not to say your time won't come.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO