Scott,

Read the warning on page 9 of the K3 assembly manual.
It specifically states:
"Also, do not attempt to fix the turns or coils in place with adhesives or other materials. Those toroids needing support have been fixed at the factory. Adding material to the other
toroids will alter their inductance, again degrading circuit performance."

In other words, don't do that. The K2 and K1 carry the same warning as the KX1. I have encountered some of the Elecraft legacy gear in for repair that had the toroids fixed to the board with some kind of adhesive, it make them a mess to work with. There have been several K2s that I know about which have been mounted in a high vibration environment such as the cab of an OTR truck, and the toroid leads have not failed. The toroids were not fixed in place with any adhesive in at least one case - I know that because I built it for the customer.

If you do use a fixative, be aware that in the case of repair, toroids fastened like that are very difficult to remove and the board may be damaged in the process. I have been there, done that.

73,
Don W3FPR