I am new to fldigi.  I am using the SignaLink USB to interface between my
KX3 and computer.   I have my KX3 connected to fldigi using Hamlib rig
control.  That seems to work fine tracking the VFO and placing software into
the right mode when I change it on the KX3. First, could someone tell me
what power output I should be using for psk31, RTTY, and some of the other
digital modes supported by fldigi?  I do have the KXPA100 if I need more
than 10 watts power.

I can receive digital modes just fine.  I am still trying to identify the
various sounds other than PSK31 and RTTY which were the predominant ones I
used about 9 years ago before my hiatus from Ham Radio.

I turned my power down to three watts just to make sure I was not
overdriving anything.  I tried PSK31 and RTTY on transmit.  The KX3 went
into transmit mode when pressing the TX button.  When I press the RX button,
the transmit of the baudot idle string for example in RTTY stops, but the
red transmit light stays lit.  I have to manually press the XMIT button to
turn off the transmit light.  Same thing happens in PSK31.  I must be
missing some setting in fldigi and I hope someone can tell me how to get the
KX3 to go back into receive mode.

Thanks,

73's,

Terry, N7TB