On 4/20/2016 2:29 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
Now I have the K3s set to use AFSK A so
that I don't need to have additional
hardware/connections and no longer use the
paddles to send, only MMTTY.

When I use MMTTY I have to have  the
PTT-KEY set to OFF-OFF. When I switch to
N1MM I have to have it set to DTR-RTS.

I'm new at RTTY myself, but I have it working with MMTTY, N1MM+, and the K3s built-in sound card.

With MMTTY, all I need to do is hold the VOX button to turn on VOX. I set MMTTY's oundcard output level to maximum, the K3s MIC to 2, and the VOX GAIN to 10. When I click the TX button in MMTTY, my K3s keys and sends RTTY (hold TEST to put the K3 in test mode with no RF output).

For N1MM+, all I need to do is hold the VOX button to switch back to PTT, and I'm good to go. No DTR-RTS is needed.

Do not try to run stand-along MMTTY with N1MM+. Exit MMTTY. N1MM+ launches the MMTTY engine when you open a digital window. You _must_ read the N1MM+ docs to figure out how to set up N1MM+ with MMTTY.

I have attached a screen shot showing the deeply hidden check box to use PTT with N1MM+. If the attachment doesn't come through, email me off-list, and I'll send it to you directly.

Bottom line for me is: Select DATA -> AFSK-A, turn on VOX, launch MMTTY, and I'm on the air with RTTY. For contests, launch N1MM+, turn off VOX, and I'm on the air with RTTY. No sweat.

But I did have to read the N1MM+ docs to set it up to use the MMTTY engine.

--
73, Mike N4CF
Louisa County, VA USA