Actually, Elecraft uses the Kenwood protocol. When I got my first K3 I told my logging program it was my 12-year-old TS-870.

On 5/10/2016 10:11 AM, tomb18 wrote:
HiThe Kenwood protocol is the same as the Elecraft protocol for commands such
as frequency,  band etc. I would try using one of the Kenwood radios for the K3
and kx3. There's lots of equipment out there that will work if you do this and
the software doesn't try to identify the radio.Tomva2fsq.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Robert Nobis
<n7...@nobis.net> Date: 2016-05-10  9:59 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: tomb18
<tom...@videotron.ca> Cc: wbmcca...@gmail.com, Elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject: Re:
[Elecraft] Bonito RadioCom 6
According to the Bonito web site the Elecraft K3 is supported, but there is no
indication that the KX3 is supported.

73,

Bob Nobis - N7RJN
n7...@nobis.net