On 5/30/2016 8:36 PM, Ron Castro wrote:
I'm setting my K3 up at a remote facility where I can turn the 12 VDC power
supply on and off remotely, but if I turn it off, the K3 shuts down and
can't be started without using the Remote Power On/Off on pin 8 of the ACC
connector.  My question:  Since I will be using the power supply to turn the
radio on and off, can I simply short pin 8 to ground and leave it that way
so the radio comes on when the power supply activates?

And goes off when the power supply deactivates?

Is there some reason why I should do this differently?

Read the user manual. Elecraft recommends ALWAYS powering-off the radio while the power supply is still on, so various settings and configurations are properly saved.

There's no way to guess if anything else in this SDR could be bollixed-up if you kill the power while the radio is turned on.

--
73, Mike N4CF
Louisa County, VA USA