A radio with only physical knobs and buttons severely limits future upgradability, and leads to crazy button combinations to turn things on and off that weren't even a dream when the radio was originally released.

Touch screens may not be always convenient, but they're much more flexible than a silk-screened metal panel.

I realize that knobs and buttons are a religion for some, but it's really time to lighten up, folks.

Either that or for Elecraft to release a rig with a whole bunch of "empty" buttons and sell stickers to update the front panel when the firmware grows to need them.