I can speak directly to that Don.

Three years ago I had and accident and detached both retinas.
Six eye surgeries later and I am 20/80 in the left eye and 20/50-40 (depending on the day) in the right. I am legally blind. None of that is reversible with anything you can do at the front of the eye. The damage was in the back. I can't use my K2/100 because it needs an alignment that I don't think I can see well enough to pull off. I was trying to add fixed audio out to the rig when I had my accident. I have one of the last NĂ˜SS boards for such somewhere.

Ham Radio moving to a GUI interface would be the end of my Ham Radio hobby.
I work with the aid of some very expensive gadgets and software designed to magnify the screen. Zoomtext from AI Squared has been a real blessing. The Linux community on the other hand has been a major disappointment. Lets just say accessibility is not on the Linux fan boy top ten list of improvements. We need yet another scripting language, chat client, window manager, etc.... Accessibility just isn't sexy or a good resume fluffer.

The only way I use a P3 or PX3 is the SVGA card in the P3 and a 24" monitor, and the I/Q output into a laptop/sound card running NaP3 from the PX3.

I applaud Elecraft for embracing the accessibility mantel hope to high heck they don't accede to the noisy minority.