From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Guy
Olinger K2AV
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2016 6:28 PM
To: Ron D'Eau Claire
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] New products

 For contesters, K Pod vs. touchscreen is matter of thousands of repetitive
movements during a contest. And if one must move one's hands away from a
keyboard, what movement is the most accurate time after time, and is there a
resting spot for the base of the hand to support the weight of the arm so
that is not on the arm muscles the entire time.

There is a strip of desk between me and my left-handed trackball, my left
and right hand keyboard and right hand keyer paddle to rest wrist or hand so
my arms do not get so tired. I have arms on my chair which support my elbows
at desk height. That means going qso to qso without repetitive effort to
raise my arms. I can get to everything qso-to qso repetitive with horizontal
arc, supported side-to-side movement. The touch screen implementations I
have seen involve raising arms and free, unsupported touching well above the
desk surface. Hand and arm musculature must be accurate to accomplish tasks.

The KPod is possibly a replacement for the seven far right columns of keys
on my Logitech K750 solar wireless keyboard. That being the case, one of the
"mini" keyboards would do and the KPod fit in the vacated space.

I will be reading about the KPod carefully now, and thinking. It's tempting.

73, Guy K2AV