Mark

I really thought this thread would have died by now :-)

Incorrect - I was incorrectly quoted by another guy saying that I said military
aircraft used touch screen UI.
I did not say that, I said the military (not air force) used touch screens. The
military do in my country, I
don’t know about the USA.
As far as commercial airlines, most airlines now use iPads. Taken from
Wikipedia…quote

<<<<Cockpit iPads are iPads used in the aviation industry to replace paper
charts and manuals.
This technology is currently being used by both private and commercial aircraft
pilots.

History and testing[edit]
The iPad has been used in General Aviation in conjunction with its paper backup
counterpart,
which is mandated by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). There are many
applications
available which include everything that would be on the paper charts plus
aviation tools including
navigation charts, taxi procedures, weather maps, GPS, Minimum Equipment List,
Company
Policy Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations and flight controls etc etc etc etc
etc>>>>

So in my original post, and I still stand by it, Touch screen devices are being
used in commercial
airlines, and by the military (I didn’t say military aircraft), and if it is
reliable enough for them to count
on, it  will surely be reliable enough for us hams

73
John

On 6 Jun 2016, at 6:36 PM, Mark, ars: KE6BB via Elecraft