I might have an RF out issue with my KX3 but I am not sure how to test it.

I have an Elecraft DL1 and a DMM that I figure I can use to check the RF
voltages and verify the power out. However, I am not sure of the exact
process on how to do this. If I am keying the mic on SSB do I need to
speak into the mic to be able to measure the voltages or just key the
mic with silence? I would assume I need to be speaking into the mic.

The reason I ask this is because if I just key the mic with silence and
the radio set for 10W with a input power supply of 13.5V DC I measure
4.7mv DC at the TP1 on the DL1 unit.

If I speak into the mic I see voltages from 11 - 18V DC from the TP1 on
the DL1 unit. It seems to me that I need to be speaking into the mic. I
figure if I was checking the RF out in CW mode I would need to key the
keyer in some fashion.

I know this seems like an elementary level question but I would really
like to verify the RF power out.

Any information is greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks!
David
KG6MTI