Thanks Bill.  The answer is yes to all of your questions.

Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Coleman N2BC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Don Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] I/O Port issue?

Hi Don,  did you turn it on in the K2???   SECondary menu, Port = ON

Make sure the programs are set to 4800 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 or 2 stop bits.

(Something I trip over all the time) Are you sure you have the correct COM port number on your PC? Now-a-days the COM port number is configurable, check the windows control panel entry.

Good luck!

73, Bill  N2BC

Don Clark wrote:
I want to control my K2 via my computer. My I/O port was built when I built the KPA100 last summer. I have built the cable and have double check the connections. Using Hyperterminal, I receive no info from the K2. I also receive nothing from the K2 when using Ham Radio Delux. I use this program with my FT-1000D successfully.

I am able to send commands to my K2 and have it react correctly. There isn't too much documentation in the manuals about the I/O port. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look first? Again, I have double checked the cable.

Don - KA6AKH K2 - 1683