I'd like to know the source of this as well. My shack power is 100W of Siemens PV on the roof, a 10A charge controller diode-ORed with a Samlex 1235 set to 13.62V. The output charges a 75AH Optima battery, which powers the equipment 24/7. I've never had any trouble with it in the four years I've used it.

73,

matt W6NIA