On Mon,7/11/2016 1:49 PM, Marc Veeneman via Elecraft wrote:
But beware the charger RFI.  The 10 amp chargers from BioennoPower are strong
generators and I can't use them in the shack to recharge either the battery in
use or any other battery while I'm on 80 meter CW.

Thanks for all of your input, Marc. Be sure to tell BioennoPower that the charger they sold you is unacceptable, and return it for credit. I've already told them it's a problem that they must solve if they are to be successful in the ham marketplace, but they should hear it from other customers.

When I asked, they told me that the chargers they sell are noisy, so I didn't buy one. They told me that one of their dealers out east had recommended using the PowerGate jumpered for AGM batteries with a linear supply adjusted to provide the charging current, and that they would consider that an in-warranty setup. I'm currently doing that with a 100Ah battery I just bought, but I'm not thrilled with it.

The difference between 12V and 14.2 volts doesn't matter for ham gear except that higher voltage reduces IMD in the K3 output stage at full power output.

73, Jim K9YC