Hi Dick,

OK, I misunderstood this as a new feature, from the Elecraft website firmware notes:

 * Add manual switch to disable amplifier with ATU available:
 * MODE button HOLD now toggles power amplifier bypass.
 * Power ON LED blinks slowly when PA is bypassed.

So, based on what you're saying, I can use ~OP0 to bypass the amplifier, but still have access the KXPA100's ATU, right?

Great ... thanks for that clarification.

Neil Zampella
KN3ILZ