Cleaning a REALLY dusty unit is always better to VACUUM with a static
protected unit with a HEPA filter FIRST...  Then, blow out what you
can't reach with a vacuum second (outside), preferably with the chassis
completely open.

NOT recommending this because it requires a great deal of
care/experience, but I, as my OCD dictates, also clean individual
circuit boards with 99% alcohol followed by hot water.  Water is bad
juju in the wrong places and you absolutely MUST make sure that it is
all removed (I use elevated temps in a low humidity environment) prior
to reinstallation.

Just depends on how much time/energy you want to put into it and you
level of care.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises