Suggest you go to the winlink forumJackW4GRJ
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Chas H <2mysys...@gmail.com> Date:
8/2/16  17:38  (GMT-05:00) To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject: [Elecraft] HF
Email / Messaging options?
This isn't Elecraft-specific but I do use my KX3 for this.

I am looking into EMCOMM email and message store/forward systems.

I am already using Winlink on HF with both the Winmor protocol and an SCS
PTC Pactor modem and those are working FB.

I am considering putting up an HF BBS-like system that multiple users could
use to store (and possibly forward) messages between multiple users.

I used to do packet on VHF/UHF 20 or so years ago but have never done HF
packet, Amtor, etc. and wondered what options there are today?

My goal is to build 3 or 4 HF turnkey systems using low-cost HF
transceivers, modems or ?, simple portable antennas, etc.  The
lighter/smaller/more agile the better.

Any suggestions for a simple message system using efficient protocols on HF?

And, based on the success of this research, I might look into providing
systems to deploy in the bush for remote missionaries, etc.  Any
suggestions or direction to existing systems (keeping low budgets in mind)
would be appreciated.

Thx + 73,
Charlie
K0CKH