Also PSKmail (www.pskmail.org) could work for your  purpose.
Source code is available for adapting and tuning the software for your
needs if your into Linux programming.

For light weight portable HF messaging its great. I'ts also an mobile app
with the most important functions.

It does pop3 email, p2p messaging, aprs on hf, twitter, web page
fetching,+++

Backbone is on 30m and i use it with my android phone and kx3. An full size
30m GP antenna on an 10m mast.

73
LA4TTA
Erlend