With G5RV you can extend the flat line to the shack and use KAT3 directly via
1:1 or 4:1 balun. Probably as good as the current choice.

With 43 ft vertical a tuner at the base is critical to performance and KAT3
may in some cases be detrimental.

Check the signal reports with both antennas. At my QTH verticals nearly
always are 10db down from dipoles even for DX, except when dipoles have
nulls. In this case your better option is  adding an extra G5RV
perpendicular to the first G5RV, also fed by flat line.

I found diversity important for 160 and 80m  but not much at higher
frequency.

The tuner and G5RV are close to $400. For 10-20m, a $500 hexbeam will blow
either G5RV or a vertical away although a mast and space are needed.

Ignacy, NO9E