Yes and no...  the utility will sync time with whatever computer/laptop
that is running the utility...  The accuracy of the computer is
independent of the utility.

This is what I am currently doing...  I have an NTP client running that
is keeping my laptop to within a few milliseconds....
Periodically, I shut down Win4K3 Suite and crank up the K3 Utility, and
sync the time...

It's a bit fidgety...  don't always get a good sync...  So the radio is
never more accurate than the computer, and seldom matches the computer
on sync to less than 1/10th of a second or so best case...  luck of the
draw/random as to how close the sync ends up...

RIght now, not a big deal...  but on some of the digital modes, I am
given to understand that having the time sync pretty close is key to
function...

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises