I will not regret the discontinuation of KDSP2.  In my case, I do not feel any
usefulness of the KDSP2,I sold it and replaced with a KAF2 at a much lower
cost.  While there are a number of settings in KDSP2 which you can manipulate,
regrettably none of the settings gave me a present result.  The artifacts from
the DeNoiser is huge and much worse than K3.
IMHO, among the elecraft radios, the best Noise Reduction NR is in KX3 (I did
not try the KX2).  KDSP2 is in the audio stage and did not improve any
selectivity like the DSP in K3
KAF2 in the used market is really cheap.  Adding the KAF2 will not cost much
but at least give you some listening comfort.  With some careful choices of R
and C in KAF2 (please refer to the manual), you will find yourself a sweet spot
even for SSB.
73
Johnny VR2XMC

      寄件人︰ Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av....@gmail.com>
 收件人︰ Mark E. Musick <markmus...@sbcglobal.net>
副本(CC)︰ Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; Jim Allen
<jalleninv...@gmail.com>
 傳送日期︰ 2016年08月29日 (週一) 9:07 AM
 主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] KDSP2

The K2 was first prototyped in October 1997. I'll bet no one back then
would have guessed that demand for parts would still be around 19 years
later in 2016.

73, Guy.