Hi, Aaron.

Does a tap on the Rate button change the tuning rate, e.g do the two digits
right of the decimal point on the display disappear and reappear with
successive taps to Rate? If the tap on the button doesn't change the
display, it would be a mechanical or electrical issue with the button or
its connections.

If the tap DOES change the display, then the button is working and CPU
behavior is at issue.

73, Guy K2AV