If you are doing 'serious operating' while portable, such as contesting, then in all likelihood you would have a computer running in conjunction with the radio.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 9/7/2016 5:17 PM, Larry D. Warner wrote:
Don,

This is better than nothing but I don't always have my computer with me when
in portable operation.  I would prefer the configurations be stored
internally so I can recall them from the front panel.  Just like I can now
do with frequency storage memory.

Regards,

Larry
KG7ZSB

You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will
never be able to repay you.
             -- John Wooden

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Wilhelm [mailto:donw...@embarqmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2016 6:37 PM
To: Larry D. Warner <larrydwar...@gmail.com>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 Software Request

Larry,

The 'setup' for SSB, Data modes, CW, AM and FM are already remembered by the
KX3.  In addition, you can use KX3 Utility to Save the KX3 Configuration to
your computer.  In case you mess up the settings and cannot easily recover,
KX3 Utility will restore your configuration easily.

Bottom line, I think what you are requesting is already included, but in a
slightly different manner than what you envision.

73,
Don W3FPR