Hi Bill,

One thing we learned many years ago in pro audio is that in general, it's a bad idea to use "boost" EQ, especially to boost a lot of bands, and to boost them a lot. The reason is "headroom" -- when you're boosting a lot, you're more likely to hit digital clip on audio peaks.

I suggest that you subtract 10 dB from each band. The only band where you'll change the shape of the curve is the top one. And if you're doing the cut in that band to minimize noise internal to the K3, simply increase the RF gain a bit (or turn off the ATTEN and reduce the RF gain).

73, Jim K9YC