(I am trying to get caught up on my email. Forgive me if this has been closed.)

This caught my eye, and I agree.  I have found when buying PL-259's that are
made in a 'metric' country, there can be slight problems converting to the
dimensions used in North America.

I have chased SWR troubles almost in circles only to find the tip of an
imported PL-259 was making intermittent contact with the SO-239 socket.  A
simple fix was to apply a bit of solder to the tip and then file it down until
I could feel a gentle friction as I plugged it into the socket.

Another important item in a PL-259 is a good tinned surface for soldering.  I
like the so called 'silver plated' plugs when I can find them.  I don't know if
they are truly silver plated, but they do take solder beautifully.

Dick, n0ce