Thanks for the flowers Ron.  The one compromise I ended up making was not
getting the aluminum up a full half wave in the air.  Fully half the
directionality is down a steep hill, so electrically it meets that criteria.
However the other half is back into the hillside so in that direction not so
much.  It has still been a very worthwhile pursuit.  This antenna beats my 80m
@ .5 wave doublet multiband antenna.

I hope this has been helpful.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

> On Oct 14, 2016, at 7:43 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire <> wrote:
>  A rotatable dipoles offer an advantage when
> they are up high enough (>1/2 wavelength) to provide significant
> directivity.

Elecraft mailing list

This list hosted by:
Please help support this email list: