From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:43 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] (K3) APF and selected bandwidth

Part of the problem with narrower bandwidths is making sure the signal is at
the APF peak.

I had fits trying to use APF with 200-400 Hz dialed in until I launched
Spectrogram and made sure the signal peak aligned with the APF peak.
Weak signals still show even when you have trouble hearing them.  This
alignment helps with pulling them out.  One can tune either the K3 shift
knob or K3 main tuning if it is set at 1 Hz steps.

Works every time.

Spectrogram can be collapsed to a small rectangle for this purpose an
permanently left on the display.  HSDR also has a narrow bandwidth display.
Other spectrum display programs would work as well.

73 de Brian/K3KO

delivered to wood...@gmail.com