I have seen a similar issue with my PX3 but it may not be the same or it may be related to the root of the problem.

What I notice is what "in the old days" would be switch bounce. What I notice (like you) is when I turn the knob fast the value bounces around but doesn't go anywhere. I find that if I turn the knob real slow it will work. The knob is an encoder and must be seeing CW/CCW pulses out of sync or something like that?

Does slow work?

steve WB3LGC