Update: Problem was not actually solved. Pro 7 appears to be defective. I've setup an older ProSet headset FB with the K3s, but Pro 7 will not produce even the slightest amount of ALC no matter where Mic Gain is set. I was fooled because I was seeing CMP flicker not ALC bars. Older ProSet setups FB according to manual directions. I'm writing a note to Bob Heil to see what he will do to make this right. I'm sure he'll be fair, as he always is. -- 73 Carl N8VZ

Carl Jón Denbow <mailto:c...@n8vz.com>
October 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Thanks, Matt. Problem solved. Actually, it wasn't a problem. I had the display setup to show CMP and ALC when I thought it was showing SWR and RF. Talk about being stupid! If I was a woman, I'd caulk it up to a bad hair day. ;-) 73 de Carl N8VZ

Carl Jón Denbow <mailto:n...@qth.com>
October 19, 2016 at 12:35 PM
Thanks, Matt. Problem solved. Actually, it wasn't a problem. I had the display setup to show CMP and ALC when I thought it was showing SWR and RF. Talk about being stupid! If I was a woman, I'd caulk it up to a bad hair day. ;-) 73 de Carl N8VZ

Matt Zilmer <mailto:mzil...@roadrunner.com>
October 19, 2016 at 12:17 AM
Check p50 of the Owner's Manual, or alternatively, search for "Miscellaneous Setup" and read down from there, under the Mic Gain / Bias heading.

73,

matt W6NIA

Carl Jón Denbow <mailto:c...@n8vz.com>
October 18, 2016 at 10:04 PM
I need some help setting up a Heil Pro 7 with my K3s. I have the physical connection to the back of the rIg OK. I'm hearing through the earphones FB. However, on TX I'm getting very little modulation. If someone else on this reflector has made this setup, I'd appreciate them sharing their Config setup.

Thanks.

73,

Carl

Sent from my iPhone