Hello Group,

I got my first exposure to Elecraft gear when I bought a used K2 about a
year ago and began my re-entry into CW operating, which I love.  I used to
be exclusively SSB, then got too busy for Ham Radio for about 6 years, then
got the K2.  I now pretty much run CW all the time.

When I got the K2, I had nothing to compare it to in the Elecraft line of
rigs.  My friend had a KX3, KXPA100, and the PX3.  I made the mistake of
going to his QTH and looking at that great gear.  Long story short, I
started acquiring those components in January of this year and now the combo
is my main station at home, and in the field.

When I bought the KX3, I have used it exclusively until tonight when I
dusted off the K2 for a few contacts.  I immediately noticed how hard it was
to turn the K2 VFO compared to the KX3.  I installed the KX3 VFO upgrade, so
that made the KX3 very smooth and adjustable.  I tried to adjust the K2 by
moving the knob totally away from the felt, but it still is very stiff.
It's difficult to turn it using the finger indent.  Is that normal?  I would
appreciate any advice in getting the K2 VFO knob to turn easier.  My Ser.
No. on the K2 is 2584.

Thanks and 73's,

Terry, N7TB