This is a question I've been wanting to ask...

I've had a KPA500 for 4 years and I've noticed that 20 meters requires more drive. Most bands require 30 watts or less, but 20 requires 35-37 for 500 watts out. In the phone portion of 20, an SWR of 1.4:1 WILL cause a fault. It's just real sensitive to the load on 20. I have to use a tuner and make sure I'm close to 1.1:1. Works fine into a dummy load, but high drive is still required.

I've lived with it, because I don't operate SSB very often on any band, but lately I've been chasing NPOTA stations and find myself using 20 SSB.

I assembled the amp, and it's been like this from day one. Anyone else see this on 20. Just interested.

Joe (AJ8MH)