Is this when transmitting?  If so, try setting Mode = "None" and
Split Operation = "None" in the WSJT-X File -> Settings -> Radio
tab.

You may want to contact Elecraft Support to see if you can get access
to the field test firmware (5.56).  WSJT-X can (and often does) send
the split or data sub-mode commands to the K3 *AFTER* PTT has been
activated.  Receiving a Split or data sub-mode command while in
transmit will cause the K3/K3S/KX2/KX3 to mute transmitted audio.

The K3/K3S/KX2/KX3 all ignore the front panel split and mode buttons
while in transmit, one would assume that software developers would
do the same thing and not use commands that are forbidden from the
front panel while in transmit.  Unfortunately, the developers of
WSJT-X chose to ignore that simple fact (in spite of being warned on
many occasions of the potential for improper operation).  Wayne has
modified the firmware to mask the problematic commands (FA, DT, FT,
and FR,) beginning with firmware version 5.56 for the K3/K3S.  However
that version has not been released for public beta according to the
web page.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV