There will be a switching converter on any quality make of LED lighting. The only way you avoid it is if they use a simple series dropper resistor, which is not energy efficient.

LEDs are constant current devices, so there is no such thing as a 12V LED (an LED with a 12V forward voltage drop would be well into the far ultraviolet, and would still need current regulation).

Professional installations would use a switching constant current supply (typically called a driver). Those for amateurs and the average building contractor would mimic tungsten bulbs by having a constant current switching regulator in each bulb.

Some cheap mains operated lamps use capacitive droppers followed by rectifier and resistive current limiter. They are the type likely to be sold in one dollar stores, or on Ebay.
#