      From: Ron D'Eau Claire <r...@cobi.biz>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:14 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] ECOM scare -- FW: Soldering lesson

I worked with a guy missing his ring finger after accidentally getting his
wedding band across the high-current supply bus and the airframe in an
aircraft console. The ring immediately welded to the current source so he
could not move his hand. He said that he passed out from the pain as the
metal melted into his flesh.

Others in the shop spoke of the guy who lost a hand to a metal watch band
the same way.

I never work around a car battery or other low-voltage, high current supply
wearing jewelry. If you wear a wedding ring that you cannot or do not want
to take off, do what hospitals do and wrap a band-aid around your finger
covering it.

73, Ron AC7AC